A charming 1930's, 2 bedroom holiday cottage located in Katoomba, Blue Mountains Australia, surrounded by a picturesque English cottage style garden and a cottage filled with interesting antiques and curios from the past. For those wanting to step back in time and really experience the historic side of this quaint Blue Mountains township.
If you decide to stay the entire cottage is yours for the duration of your booking other people will not occupy the spare rooms - The cottage sits on its own block of land . It is not a bed and breakfast .
The perfect escape for either a couple, group or family. Close to tourist attractions and easy walking distance to shops , supermarket, cafe's and train station.
Children are welcome - but please be aware we do not have child locks on cabinets or childproof powersocket covers so young children must be supervised at all times ( we take no responsibility )
10 minutes flat, easy walk to main street of town.
Spend the days relaxing, bushwalking, shopping for antiques or visiting one of the many open gardens.
Pets Welcome :
( 2 small dogs or one large dog maximum by prior arrangement
must be well behaved and garden friendly )
Garden has 1.8 metre height timber fence and dog off leash park is just 100 metres down the road (Melrose Park)
As seen in sunday telegraph body and soul - Best self contained pet friendly stay in the Blue Mountains NSW. see link below
we also have another pet friendly cottage - kookawood
Better Homes and Gardens magazine.
The Australian newspaper- home away
or view one of our doggie guests- Harry Cox's blog below
Smoking in not allowed inside the cottage.
- Close to all tourist attractions
- Horseriding aprox 30 minutes drive www.australianbluehorserides.com.au
- Open log fire (plus heaters in all rooms)
- lounge room has two beautiful 3 seater lounges
- Split system air conditioner for heating and cooling
- Fully equipped kitchen - microwave/dishwasher/oven/gas cooktop/fridge etc...
- Clawfoot bath with overhead shower /continuous hotwater - bath/shower - does not have
- hand rails so is not suitable for persons that may require support to get in and out of the
- shower or those that are unstable on their feet.
- laundry with washing machine/dryer
- 2 bedrooms & single foldout bed or cot available on request for child
- Queen and King size beds with dual control Electric blankets - linen supplied
- TV in main bedroom / Digital channels
- TV in Lounge room has Foxtel and digital channels
- - Movies / discovery / history / sports / kids / lifestyle etc... (all foxtel channels)
- CD Player with ipod / iphone dock
- Telstra / Optus Mobile phone coverage good - we assume others OK too! ( no landline )
- Ironing facilities
- Linen and towels 100% cotton and feather doonas
- Off street parking for 2 cars ( covered carport for one car )
- Secure backyard with access via back door / pet friendly
- Outoor entertaining area in garden setting
- iKou Day Spa in Leura www.ikouspa.com.au ph: 0247843344
- Yindi Day Spa in Katoomba www.yindi.com.au ph: 0247821111
- get a free upgrade at Yindi when you mention that you are staying at secret garden cottage on booking
- ($20 value serum for facials or aroma blend for couples value $30)
- Blue Mountains Ghost tours www.bluemountainsmysterytours.com.au 0418416403 or 47512622
For those who explore the retro/ vintage / organic produce / slow food cafe's and restaurants in the
Blue Mountains during your visit go to www.cittaslow.org.au for more details
Internet Cafe's on Main street of Katoomba /or library (short drive or 10 minute walk to town)
or bring your own portable wifi device and laptop - reception is good
( prepaid wifi devices available at telstra shop or activate wifi hotspot on your phone )